Thursday, March 1, 2012

Winter continues

Sweater: thrited old navy
Dress: H&M
Socks: sock dreams (though mine are wool)


Winter continues, but I am coping better. I'm drinking more tea than ever, working on that crochet blanket every night (while watching Downton Abbey), and reading again. I woke up to a bright window this morning --- not from sun, but from snow. It has since melted, but the snow always makes winter seem more bearable.

One dissapointment: although I love my sewing machine very much, I am sad that it is unwilling to sew through elastic and two layers of fabric without jamming up. I am trying to repair a dress with a waist that is just an inch or two too small, and my little green machine has foiled my plans. I may take the oh-so-tedious hand-sewing route...

Last night Brad, our roommate Spencer, and I went to Sky High Sports (we didn't end up going for Valentine's) and did some leaping for leap day. Though the $10 is a little steep, I'd suggest anyone go.

No comments:

Post a Comment