Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Canning and Kittens

This weekend I went up to my dad's house in Washington for a visit. Brad made an attempt at fishing, which was ultimately unsuccessful, BUT! in consolation, my dad sent us home with the fish he caught the day before.


This fish.

Was huge.


So, we did what any sensible folk would do, and canned it.

Yum! The recipe is pretty simple, but requires a pressure cooker. It was pretty much just fish, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a little salt. I'd look up the canning directions, though, since thats what counts. We did 10lbs for over 100 minutes I believe. Brad is the canner, for real, though.


My dad also gave us the biggest plant ever, and we had to go to Ikea to get a big pot for it.




Vashti was pretty happy about everything that happened this weekend, especially the giant fish getting blood all over the counter but finally resulting in tastiness:


That is her favorite chair.


I hope everyone (I guess just Kristyn?) made it through the Oregon heat okay. I am a big wimp and Saturday was CRAZY. Basically I've been inside for the whole thing. I'm pretty excited for fall coming around, though. Time to break out all my socks, sweaters, and tea!


No comments:

Post a Comment